The value of pensions and investments and the income they produce can fall as well as rise. You may get back less than you invested.

Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.

Point me to are Financial Advisors who offer a wide range of services from a simple home insurance policy to most complex of investments. The relationships that we build with our clients is underpinned by our commitment to ensure that their short and long term goals are achieved.

Find out more about point me to 

  • Can leave you better off and save you time.
  • Gain professional help with financial and legal matters.
  • Access to the most suitable products and the most competitive deals available to us.
  • Experienced advisers giving you confidence and peace of mind.

What is a fixed rate mortgage?

A fixed rate mortgage can provide financial stability. With a fixed rate mortgage, the interest rate stays the same for a set period of time. This means that for every month during this set period, your mortgage repayments will remain the same. This is in contrast to a variable rate mortgage, which will go up […]

View More FAQS 

What is a tracker rate mortgage?

A tracker mortgage is a type of variable rate mortgage. The interest rate tracks the Bank of England base rate at a set margin (for example, 1%) above or below it. Tracker mortgage deals can last for as little as one year, or as long as the total life of the loan. Once your tracker […]

View More FAQS 

What is a discount mortgage?

A discount mortgage is a type of variable rate mortgage. The term ‘discount’ is used because the interest rate is set at a certain ‘discount’ below the lender’s standard variable rate (SVR) for a set period of time. For example, if a lender has an SVR of 5% and the discount is 1%, the rate […]

View More FAQS 

What is a standard variable rate mortgage?

It can be risky to stay on your lender’s standard variable rate mortgage A standard variable rate mortgage (also known as an SVR or reversion rate mortgage) is a type of variable rate mortgage. The SVR is a lender’s ‘default’ rate – without any limited-term deals or discounts attached. When a fixed, tracker or discount […]

View More FAQS 

What is an offset mortgage?

Rather than trying to help people with their money needs, banks, building societies and other firms spend their time trying to sell you products. There’s often little thought put into what other products you may already have – the salesmen’s job is simply to pile another one on top. Offset mortgages are a worthy attempt […]

View More FAQS 

Why does a normal home insurance policy not cover my rented property?

A traditional home insurance policy may not pay when the property is being used to make an income (for example when you are renting your property to tenants). Equally, Landlords Insurance provides additional cover such as Landlords Liability and Loss of Rent, which are not offered through normal home insurance policies. To ensure you are […]

View More FAQS 

What is home insurance?

Home insurance cover comes in two parts – buildings insurance and contents insurance. You can choose either one or both of these based on your needs. Buildings cover insures your bricks and mortar for events like fire and weather damage, while contents cover could protect your belongings against problems like theft, damage and loss. Buying […]

View More FAQS 

Is it essential to have home insurance?

If you’re a homeowner, most mortgage lenders insist you have buildings cover in place to protect their investment. You don’t usually need buildings cover if you’re renting, but you may want contents insurance to help cover the cost of replacing your things if you suffer a loss.

View More FAQS 

What is accidental damage cover and do I need it?

Most insurers define accidental damage as an unintentional one-off incident that harms your property or its contents. Most standard policies cover key items like home entertainment, but there may be varying exclusions depending on your insurer. Your need depends on your circumstances – many accidental damage claims come from people with young children. It’s also […]

View More FAQS 

What should I include in my contents cover?

a rule of thumb, anything you’d take with you if you moved house should be included on your contents policy – including items like curtains and carpets. It’s worth taking the time to go around your house from room to room and putting a reasonable value on everything. It’s easy to underestimate the value of […]

View More FAQS 

Why do I need life insurance?

What would happen to your loved ones if you were to die tomorrow, or even next year? Would they be able to pay the mortgage and the household bills, or would they struggle to get by without your salary? If you are worried how your partner or your family would cope financially in the event […]

View More FAQS 

How does life insurance work?

Life insurance usually pays out a lump sum to your family on your death which could be used to pay off a mortgage or meet financial commitments, so you can provide for your dependents even when you are gone.  Some policies pay a regular income rather than a lump sum. You can also arrange for […]

View More FAQS 

Are there different types of life cover?

There are basically two types of cover. Term assurance pays out if you die within the term, which can be anything from a few years to a number of decades. If you buy whole of life cover, the policy runs until your death.  In other words, it is guaranteed to pay out; although there are […]

View More FAQS 

How much life cover do I need?

The amount of cover you buy depends on your personal circumstances. You might, for example, want enough life insurance simply to pay off your mortgage in the event of your death. Or you might need a bigger amount to clear other debts and pay for family expenses such as school fees. The cash sum will […]

View More FAQS 

Point Me To Limited is an appointed representative of Intrinsic Financial Planning Limited and Intrinsic Mortgage Planning Limited, which are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Point Me To Limited. Registered in England and Wales under No. 8390051. Registered office address – 1623 Warwick Road, Knowle, Solihull, West Midlands, B93 9LF.